Freitag, 9. April 2010

The video also features a shirtless Conor Oberst with a tattoo above your heart. I was wondering if you would tell us what that was about.

I do have a tattoo. I got it when I was 20 years old in Las Vegas.

Vegas…of course.

Yeah! So it's actually some wallpaper from my old house. I had to get my mom to rip a piece off and FedEx it to me.

Get outta here!

That was a pretty interesting conversation. I eventually just told her [about the tattoo plans] 'cause I couldn't really think of a good reason why she would have to send me the wallpaper.

And what's the wallpaper?

Oh, it's just like sailboats and a nautical theme.

I mean, when somebody talks about getting a tattoo in Las Vegas, you immediately think it's like getting married in Vegas, like it's an impulsive thing, but it doesn't sound that impulsive if FedEx is involved and all that.

Yeah, I decided like two days before with a friend of mine, Tad Stevens. He's in Cursive, The Life of the Working Class. So we got slightly…they're not matching tattoos, but it's kinda like blood brothers type thing.

I see. And he got his own wallpaper?

Yeah, we had to use a different pattern—he has an anchor.

Is that because you two spent a lot of time in your living room growing up?

No, no. We're just brothers.

source